Tuesday 24 April 2012

Maya Door Work

Shh I didn't just update this post every time I had something new, shh nope.
I wont do that again, but it was good for this seeing as Blogger updated their design and the way I post stuff.

Perspective drawings. First done at start of term.


More ideas. Of course I settle with my new design based on a Portal 2/ Wall-E theme. C:
Door stuff and short cuts for Maya (yeah I need to write them all out in VERY simple english or I just forget it all it seems)

My doors views. Cool stuff. I changed it a whole bunch now. 
Also here are the views directly from maya;
Yep.



So here is my progress. I first start with basic chunks and just slap them together with my basic hand flippers like a child. I know the door roughly and just work away at it all and the side parts. I use mostly Booleons to do my work, though I know this is bad, I dont really know how else to get stuff done and still look good.

I shape the door up nicer. And a random cube there because he wants to be there.
All finished the shapes. Yay.
Panel bit done. All done. Just need to tidy it up and make it efficient by makign everything into quads and tris.
Then I can start adding my textures! :'D Here are some doodles for that-->


So here are first doodle ideas for the texture on my door. I knew i wanted to show where Darkie had drawn on it, but wasn't too sure about the design. 

 Blood gore that goes on the floor. Its.. lovely. Dried blood from a while back from a injury on my arm, I put it to good use still.
 Final ideas for textures C: and the colour crayon drawings to add on the door.

Kevin told me just to leave it as is and add textures? Ok then. . I do this :O
I apply my first texture yay. With the little drawing I did C:

Door design texture all done, though without text?
I added the graphics inspired by the pulsing lines in EVEs arm to the door and also add the vents and the dividing lines. Door also has number on it embossed in.
Oh my, the door is open. Its so sciency. Also notice the floor with the gunk all on it.
Texture on the side brackets. :3
Close ups yep.

I have now made the lights glow and the over head light shine red using the basic tools on the left. I dont know much else to do so...

I had some horrible problems with Maya on friday when I was finishing up. I have been able to get my swing camera for the render to work great, but then maya crashed and killed itself COMPLETELY. Everyone was confused because Maya would not even start up again.
Happily Mark moved me to a new computer and fixed it up, but by then I had to go home. Here is the last texture I added. Its very detailed -->
Those are the same buttons used in the Wall-E film. I am really pleased I got to put them into the design. Sexy buttons.

Here they are put into the file from this morning just before rendering with Kevin. Yaayy
And now it is rendering  and then I am all done. Yay.


It glowsss~

I really dont get on with Maya and I do not look forward to more adventures with it, Silo, Mudbox, Zbrush can all be my friends tho.
Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment