Thursday 14 February 2013

CS Draft works and Ideas


I should of put this up earlier. :'D
 
Structure;

I will set this up like a magazine article or something that could be published on an online news site.This is what I feel I would be best at and how my style of writing enfolds.

 
Introduction- Explain that I have been playing games for all of my life, that I have grown with handheld consoles especially. They are important to me, as they are for many others. People still buy consoles and their games. Show the sale of these games and how it steadily increases.
 
Stut; 
Are handheld consoles something that people stop playing as they get older? Seems so- not many older people playing games for hand held consoles, but many still play things like Xbox and PC games. Why is this? Am I like this? Evidence to show these theories, not just my own observations.
Main Discus;
Is the reason older people do not play games because they now can afford high class phones that play these games for them? I still see older people playing mobile phone games often; does this suggest that people are just doing it because of cost? Or do people buy the phones and the games are just a cheap add on, rather than buying a console for it alone? Are handheld consoles dying off now that children can afford iPhones and Android technology? 

What are other people’s reactions to people playing handheld consoles compared to idly playing an iPhone game? Are people’s conceptions of game players changing? Do people think others are immature for playing handheld games consoles?
Sneak gaming? pretending to look busy when really you are playing Angry Birds.
Compatibility? What games cannot be played in certain environments or without certain things (Wi-Fi) Nintendo might have to change that... What do I think?
Popularity? How do people spread games? Your friend plays it, so you want to as well. Are Nintendo trying to tap into that?

Evidence and Other Studies- What studies have been done on this? Explanatory graphs? Diagrams? Ask if they can be used within my piece. (She said yes yaaayyy_
 Show the list of research into how many people now own iPhones and who owns Handheld consoles. Does being in a certain country have a different outlook to how people view game playing? Japan vs America financial differences

The Opinion I do not support but have evidence for-iPhone games will overtake handheld games. Phones will be the only console for people to play on the move- there will no longer be companies that only sell games, but rather, companies that make games for add ons for phones and touch pads and other stuff of that sort. 

My Opinion, Supported with Evidence-That handheld consoles will always have a place in the market if they make more initiative developments. Especially for younger children. They want to be seen playing on games with their friends, and even though their audience may become younger over time, I still feel in my life time handheld games consoles will have their place. Showing that sales are still steady (just not increasing as dramatically as they once did) and that interest in these games is still around. Look into new games up and coming and how it is adapting to have new features not supported on phones; 3D games! Pokemon X and Y and the new Z 

Alternatives?- Maybe games will actually bring phone systems into their consoles. Maybe Nintendo will get a phone company to buy into them- or create their own (likely in Japan). So far they have now got Wi-Fi connections and web browsing systems in their games consoles which work surprisingly well. So it isn’t completely unheard of.
Conclusion- What can happen? How is this software progressing? In 30 years’ time we will likely have desktop software from computers onto tiny handheld devices. How big will phones and handheld games be? Is there TOO small? We need things with screens, and despite all the progressions of technology- a Gameboy is roughly the same size as the brand new 3DS system. Is there a reason for this? So what can we deduce?

My final thoughts and also disambiguating into how far we have come, where we are going, what dangers there are and what may happen to the companies I grew up with personally. 


Good sites and quotes I like the look of;
In honestly, I trust BBC the most... and the definitely had the most relevant things.


No comments:

Post a Comment