Tuesday 12 February 2013

Game Salad Prototype Project

Today I was able to make a a small proto-type of my game in gamesalad. I found game salad easy to use and as such making an interactive game with the art I had done, and some free assets online was simple yet effective. 
In the game I made a simple part in which the Fullox jumps over a small obstacle and then progresses on to the following level. This would be a starter level and is to give you a feel for the game in general. 

Here I have made a selection of rules to work in the game to allow the fullox to jump, bounce slightly, walk back and forward and also to jump down from a platform. 


After setting up some simple rules I tried to play the game, however found as the character jumped- he also span out of control. This did make for some hilarious first attempts and crashes but of course was not what we were looking for. 
 


On my second try I lessened the bounce and acceleration rules and as such which he still jiggled and moved around when leaping, he didn't spin out and crash all over the place. Allowing me to direct the character over the platform and onwards.  

  One needs to make a large bound using the Up and Right arrow keys.  Jump over the platform in a big leap!


 Preparing to land.

 And onward out of frame to the next level.


No comments:

Post a Comment