Tuesday 13 November 2012

Horse skulpt (Mud Box)

I have been working on a fully detailed 3d model of our main horse character that could in theory be rigged and animated for used within the game. 
I created it on mudbox from a very simple (and oddly proportioned) wire mesh which I made into our horse character (a heavy draft horse) over the course of two weeks.
Some work in progress;

The orginal mesh and my improved draft version. 
 


Mapping colours for the base coat.

  Simple flat colours.



Here is my finished Horse model.








I was pleased and then moved onto the colours; we decided finally on this coat-

 The reasons behind it and from what parts of horses are shown here to help explain what inspired this horse and his lovely markings.


Here is my coloured sculpt, finished.









I feel this will be great to illustrate what our horse could look like within our game. I am pleased with the result (this is my second ever sculpt) and hope very much to do some more 3d work in future to continue practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment