Friday 23 November 2012

Overal Evaluation

My overall attitude to this project on War Horses was very excited at first but as I got into it I found it to be quite... Sad. I enjoy horses and animals and such, but seeing horses killed and hurt among other things was quite upsetting. Made worse by other peoples lack of consideration for the creatures. Tom often commented on how 'It is just a horse' which deeply disturbed me. I wonder if I am just overly sensitive of animals feelings or if really other people just are cold towards animals.
So many times I was asked 'Why would people care about a horse?' and despite my vast research into empathy for animals within films and books- no one really took notice. Even when using their own pets- they still commented how they did not care.

My lack of ability to see past my own feelings held me back while developing my ideas. I really need to work on that and being able to understand why others feel that way.

Otherwise, my digital illustration skills seem to be improving! I was pleased with my final illustrations, my two beat boards (alas I would of liked to do more but time and illness but a halt on that) and my sweet little sketches and colour ideas. I enjoyed designing colours for horses based on real ones but found other peoples feedback on them to be so extremely varied (many saying they hated one while others say they loved it) that it confused me.

 I need to focus more on what I feel is good, follow my own instincts and not keep trying to do whatever other people like who are no part of my process. My team works and myself are who I should listen to- not my friends. 

As for working in a team with Tom; I did not really like it. Not anything to do with Tom; but I just do not like working with just one other person because when we disagreed- it was 50/50. In a three person group we could of voted on it 2-1. Which would of settled it. I will not be in a duel person team again. But four or five people would of been too many I still feel, butt hats just be me being roughly anti-social.

Three person groups or more should be attempted in future; not avoided for the sake of my own comfort.

Otherwise... For this project I did a huge amount of research that really shows off where I have come from with my development process. I hope to continue with such work in future as I feel this amount of detailed research is perfectly right! Despite my friends feeling otherwise.

Detailed research and picking and choosing what to follow is an effective way of improving my own ideas.

I hope my project is exciting and fun to read. And that we will not bore people with our work. I try hard to make my blog fun, exciting and more casual so people can see the real me and not some professional machine sat behind a desk. I am a real person with real ideas and concepts!
Thank you for Reading


No comments:

Post a Comment